Thursday, August 11, 2011

Key Lime Cake Pops!


Key Lime Cupcakes!




I am co-hostessing a bridal shower this weekend and because I am the baker of the group I was asked to make dessert.

I decided to go with mini cupcakes and some cake pops.

Specifically I am making Key Lime cupcakes and cake pops.

I'm not done yet but this is what I have so far:


Crumbled up Key Lime cake:

Cream Cheese frosting:


Frosting and cake mixed together:


I tried something new this time. In an effort to make the cake balls more uniform in size, I put them in my mini cupcake pan. That way I could easily see which ones needed to be bigger.


A close up of the balls:

Mini cupcakes after frosting:

If you are interested here's the recipe.

Key Lime Cupcakes

1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup self-rising flour
1 stick room temp unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
1/4 teaspoon neon-green food coloring
3/4 cup french vanilla yogurt

Preheat oven to 350*

Whisk both flours in a medium bowl. Beat butter in a large bowl until smooth. Add sugar; beat to blend. Beat in eggs one at a time, then next three ingredients (batter will look curdled). Beat in the flour mixture in three additions alternately with the yogurt in two additions.

Bake cupcakes until tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.


Frosting
1 8oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.



No comments:

Post a Comment